If your personal or contact details have changed, by law you need to let us know within 21 days of becoming aware of the change. 
You can update most of your details online, including:

  • your address
  • contact details (personal phone or email, or your organisation’s details)
  • your occupation, especially if you change jobs.

You can now do this through Service Victoria. It's a new Victorian Government website bringing different services together in one place.


Update your details (External link)


Change of name

To advise us if you change your name, you’ll need to complete the change of name form and send us a certified copy of a name change document. 

Updating your sex descriptor

If you’d like to have your sex descriptor updated in our records with us, please contact us and we can update your information. You’ll also need to send ONE of the following documents to us:

  • A statement on letterhead from a registered medical practitioner or registered psychologist certifying your circumstances. For example, intersex, undergoing gender transitioning, indeterminate or gender diverse.
  • A birth certificate or recognised details certificate from Births, Deaths and Marriages or any other recognised authority in Australia or overseas.
  • A current passport showing your preferred sex descriptor.

Related pages



Helpful guides, links and information to help you understand the Working with Children Check.